The results are in...
The results are in!
Annually, the Australian Financial Review compiles a list of ‘Australia’s Top 100 Restaurants’. The top 100 is decided by the best Chef’s and restauranteurs in Australia from a shortlist of 500 restaurants created by a team of critics and editors.
The prestigious awards program is designed to support and celebrate the rising standards of excellence and professionalism in Australian dining.
In our first year being included in the list, we were honoured to be featured 55th amongst the best culinary dining experiences the country has to offer.
The top 10 Australian Restaurants:
- Brae, Birregurra
- Saint Peter
- Momofuku Seibobo
- Fleet, Brunswick Heads
We would like to thank the judges for recognising Oakridge Wines and congratulate the other finalists on their success.
To make a reservation at Oakridge, book here.
Recipe by Oakridge Executive Chef, Aaron Brodie
- 2 x 150g Murray cod (skin on)
- 250ml white chicken stock
- 2 eggs
- 30ml lemon juice
- 100g kohlrabi (julienned)
- 100g radish (julienned)
- 1 tbsp chives (chopped)
- 1 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp dill (chopped)
- 1 tbsp seeded mustard
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- 150g butter
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- For the avgolemono sauce, bring chicken stock to a simmer.
- In a blender, add eggs, lemon juice plus salt and pepper to taste, blend until white and fluffy.
- Slowly add hot stock to blender. Keep adding until all the stock is incorporated (you should have a silky smooth consistency), check seasoning then put aside.
- Season kohlrabi and radish with 1 tsp salt, leave for 15 minutes. Squeeze out excess moisture then add chopped herbs and mustard. Mix ingredients together then set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Season the fish with sea salt and place skin-side down in the pan. Cook the fish, without moving it at all, until the skin is golden and crisp then add butter. Carefully turn the fish over and put the pan into the oven for 5 minutes.
- To serve, first spoon a small pool of the avgolemono on the plate. Place Murray cod on top, then the radish and kohlrabi salad. Finish with a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil.
Sustainably farmed Murray cod is a regular feature on the Oakridge Restaurant menu. Book a table here.